Thursday, February 4, 2010

In Need of Ice Cream

After a few trips to the ER, we went to a regular doctor today.  He decided that this pain is related to my previous symptoms of nausia pretty much everytime I eat.  Thus, he thinks I am either lactose-intolerant, or am allergic to gluten.  So, for the next two weeks, I cannot eat anything that has milk products in it.  So far we have come up with dry cereal, peanut butter, pasta and sauce with no cheese, chili with no cheese or sour cream, fruits, and veggies.  I don't know if I can do this for two weeks.  Literally everything I eat has some form of milk in it, and sour cream is a staple in our house.  Really though, look at your food labels.  Almost everything says "contains milk" at the bottom.

Any other suggestions of things I can eat that do not contain milk products?

P.S. This is going to be especially hard because Colt just bought girl scout cookie ice cream, and my Mom is going to send valentine's candy which will be fully of chocolatey goodness.  Boo!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh no! I hope that this no-milk thing isn't permanent. If I can think of non-milk things I'll pass them your way.

Amy said...

Sometimes walmart carries ice cream made out of coconut milk or soy. We'll be on the look out for other non-milk foods!