Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gluten for Punishment

The verdict is in...I have a gluten intolerance.  What does that mean?  Well, that means I do not have Celiac Disease, but I have antibodies that normal people do not.  Essentially this means no more bread, pastries, cookies, pasta, crackers, or anything else made with gluten.  How long does this diet last?  The rest of my life.  Ont the bright side, I can still eat Mexican food as long as it is not made with flour tortillas! Oh how I love Mexican food!  Also, I was told that I can eat ice cream and other fattening things and actually lose weight. How is that for a diet plan?

Anyway, for the next lifetime I will be experimenting with gluten free recipes.  I am going to try baking things with rice flour (I hear it makes things rock hard...I am determined to find a solution!), and eventually I am going to try to make my own rice flour.  But, until then I need your help.  What are your favorite recipes that do not include gluten? What would you miss the most if you could not eat gluten?

Oh, and everyone should eat some pasta, bread, and delicious treats this week for me!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Yay for Mexican food! Way to be positive! :)